Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Etcetera...

Hello friends
Hope you are all good!

Today I wanted to share with you a grungy make....
This has been one of those projects that I had to step away from as I could of kept adding to it!
these tags are great, they come in various sizes and are perfect for  adding lots of embellishments to!
To start I coated the tag with a coat of gesso, I then added some fresco paint layers (Paperartsy) in green patina, smoked paprika, french roast and captain peacock.... these are my new favourites!
I stamped onto the tag using my Tim Holtz stamp platform (wow... this is a must have tool!) I stamped using Tim's foam stamps, when it was dry I sanded the numbers back to get a more worn look.
I then started to add lots of my vintage finds..... the orange ruler was 20p from a car boot, I cut it up to create a frame.  Around it I added lots of clock parts, Idea-ology and a vintage key from my stash 
As I am a self confessed hoarder of stuff and I was looking for something to add to the middle....the radiator key was a perfect addition ( who needs a radiator key) I also added a square cut from one of Seth Apter dies and coloured it with rust paste.
To finish I added the bolts to the side, also given the rust treatment!
I'm the first to admit that I'm not very good at using colour....it always scares me but I have to admit I really enjoyed having a dabble...

As always feel free to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one!

Have a great week!

Kaz
x

17 comments:

  1. Love this, Kaz. Good on you for embracing those yummy colours. I couldn't find the radiator key (story of my life!) I love the juxtaposition of your boot sale finds. It's altogether fab 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color. Love the junk. Just nothing but love for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours, right up my street, adore the rusty touches too and of course those fantastic vintage finds. Stunning layered design. Love the numbers too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am officially IN LOVE with this! Every inch of it! This colour suits you perfectly and works so well with your stash of treasure. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks downright grungy good!!! This is just a super piece Kaz. love all the bits and bobs, new and vintage!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a brilliant job with the colour Kaz, it looks fabulous with those rusted elements on top - love that 20p orange ruler - what a great find that was! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project, Kaz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just divine Kaz, wonderful patina and rust effects and a fabulous collection of elements brilliantly layered together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my giddy ...... this is sensational! Kaz. I have nothing but huge hearts for this grungy masterpiece. Love to the nth degree .
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your inspiration 😃 I'm just playing with etcetera tags and paper dolls 😝 My first project with them ... and I really needed assistance with my flagging mojo, so thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw this on Facebook and LOVE it - what a wonderful worn-looking tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning tag! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning! Thank you for the inspiration. I have two of these laying around for a while, now I think I will bring them to my working table :)
    Hugs, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very cool! Now I'll have to crack out my Etcetera tag and paints. Glad you're blogging again. Looking forward to you making something excellent for Halloween if you're going to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx