Pages

Friday, 17 February 2017

Curious boys...

Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
Its been a super busy week here,
but I actually cleared my desk at the start of the week in a bid to be more organised....
it lasted 2 days.... I cannot find a thing! 
Sigh....I'm resigned to the fact that I will never be tidy and I'm completely hopeless at being organised!

After all the excitement of the Creativation show, the postman bought me some happy mail             (available here)....as soon as I saw this sizzix die, I knew it would be in my shopping basket! Its called "Tiny Houses" by Tim Holtz....I think its one of my favourites ever!
The die not only cut but scores too, so makes it really easy to assemble, I covered my chipboard in Tim Holtz paper stash, then ran it though my machine.
I assembled the houses and stuck them down with collage medium

I then added lots of layers of distress paints, gesso, vintage medium and distress crayons to create a really grungy look.
Next I selected my Paper dolls ( Idea-ology) I chose these two brothers and painted them using distress paints.
I then Layered them on top of some cogs (Idea-ology) added some Remnant rub-ons, washi tape, a star, ruler for a chimney and words from  the clippings stickers 
(All the Idea-ology and mediums are available from Art from the Heart here)
Nearly forgot...Those butterfly wings are from the new Idea-ology ephemera packs...you may need them too!

As always feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate each and everyone!
Have yourselves a great weekend!

Kaz
x


22 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! The die is on my desk unopened - got to find time to play soon.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background on this piece is a Wowza! Love how you achieved that grungy look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the grungy feel of your project as always! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this darling grungy house Kaz - you are the bomb I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vintage house, love the imagery and the added butterflies. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darling....the boys are so cute and look so at home. Grungeilicious as always Kaz. Also have log pile envy! Xx😬

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely brilliant! I'm another one waiting for time to crack open the package and play... this is more inspiration to do it as soon as possible.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always a fabulous piece! I am wanting SO much of the new idea-ology range this time round....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome Kaz! I've got this die on my list of must haves, along with a few other things. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kaz...this is so special! I love your tiny house with the winged curious boys!! It's so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally fantastic KAZ x love your house and those fabulous boys. So can't wait to get my hands on the ephemera and now I will have to add this die too

    I laughed when you said you had tidied up and now you can't find things as I too have the same problem

    Take care and TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous Kaz, collecting my die this weekend from Susan at Stitches. Love the paper dolls and stickers too. You have put it all together so beautifully xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous xx my die arrived now all I need is time xx I love this make Kaz

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! Perfect grunge - now I want that little house die too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another pin...you are ruling my boards...lol! Oh how I love this...every bit...fabulous grunge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love what you've done with the new Idea-ology products, they seem like they were made just for you! Truly inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely project you created. I agree with you : this die "Tiny Houses" looks awesome as do your project. Love the grungy look and the way you used the cute paper dolls. I really look forward to get some of the new stuff released...
    Thank you for sharing your lovely art.
    Hugs from Monica
    Spain

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally fab as always . Loving the ruler chimney.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad to have found you!!! I just bought this die and it only came today. You are the only person I have managed to find that has blogged it. I am wondering if you weighted yours in anyway. They don't seem to have a bottom? And the schematic shows them hollow. If I make a village I don't want it to blow away lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there no I didn't weight them down but you can add a block of plasticine in the hollow.... hope that helps

      Delete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx