Pages

Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Ranger Designer Challenge at Creativation

Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
A very special post to share with you today...

As you may know last weekend saw the Creativation (formally CHA craft trade show) took place over the pond in Arizona, wow it looked AMAZING 
(I so want to go even more now!!)

Last November, Tim  and Ranger invited me to take part in the Ranger Designer challenge that takes place in the Ranger booth, this year the theme was "The Evolution of Distress"
I was assigned with one of my favourite products....Distress Crayons!

It was such an honour to be asked.... it was a pinch me moment!
I'm so thankful to share the experience with some amazing designers and friends
(Huge thanks to Tim, Emma, Paula, Kath, Zoe, Vicky, Anita, Kassa,
 Dyan, Dina, Shari,  and the fabulous other designers)
I was so exciting seeing everyones take on the distress line.

We were sent one of the new Stampers Anonymous large tag Thickboards
as our base.  I stencilled using Tims stencils and Rangers texture paste and gesso. 
I then got busy with lots of the Tim holtz distress crayons
I added lots of layers to an Idea-ology clipboard and added a pocket watch (Idea-ology) filled with a heart and key 
The numbers are Remnant rub-ons and the tape is also Idea-ology.
Those that follow my blog regular will know that I love to add my own vintage finds, so I added these cool scissors, keys, washers and an old ruler.... 
And here it is next to Tims in the Ranger booth!
(and yes I did let out a squeal when I saw it!)

Heres a video filmed at the show by scrap time so you can see the other designers inspirational work.


I will be back soon with some more of the samples that I created for the Idea-ology booth which I can't wait to share with you!
Feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate you popping by xx
Hope you have a fabulous week

Kaz
x

Art from the Heart here in the UK will be stocking the new releases go check them out here

19 comments:

  1. Love what you have created! I need to play with my crayons more, thanks for the inspiration! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you created Kaz, your scissors are fab.
    I love these new tags too, what size are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dawn if you click on the words stampers anonymous in this post it will link and show you all the details, this one is approx 8 x 14 inches sold as one, they also do smaller sizes too xx hope that helps xx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Kaz! Your tag is awesome, can't wait to see your other samples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and very creative. You inspire me, yhanks for sharing Kaz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much I LOVE this...it's just beautiful and so inspiring! Thank you for everything, you've been a true friend and love ya lots! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaz, your project is a stunner! You are so GOOD at texture and embellishments it makes you stop and really take notice of the art piece. paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A richly deserved invite ! Kaz Your tag is an absolute stunner! The essence of vintage !
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So thrilled for you Kaf. Talent and dedication coming to fruition. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Commenting again because I think that your name came out wrong Kaz. Hate that! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seen this a few times on FB - but I never tire of seeing it Kaz - an amazing creation. Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tag is just fabulous Kaz, so very vintage, love those scissors and your other beautiful embellishments - the clipboard is an amazing addition. A wonderful honour and so richly deserved. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! Such gorgeous layers and I love the old scissors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a stunning creation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought that was the most amazing "tag" ever! And having Tim say that it is going to be hard to send that one back really made me smile. Very inspirational Kaz. Love your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  15. Completely stunning, I saw it on several videos of the show already, great to see it close up!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everybody, and including Tim wanted to take this beauty home! Countless photographs of it too. I LOVED every bit, and actually fondled it...sorry...just had to. You rock my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You deserve to be here Kaz...............your Tag is just stunning and full of the most wonderful layers and details in your own unique style..............Love it xx
    You should sell them on Etsy xx

    Huge hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx